Tra Que is a small village located 3kms from north of Hoian between De Vong river and the Tra Que algal pond. It is a very popular local destination well-known for its cornucopia of organically cultivated herbs and vegetables.
During your tour, you and your local guides from Hoian Mates will cycle around and explore the scenic countryside and picturesque villages at the area, and perhaps visit the famous Chuc Thanh pagoda, all while absorbing fascinating knowledge from the proud locals. You will travel the lovely winding road that the way through the lush rice paddies at the countryside.
Upon reaching tiny Tra Que village, you will have the opportunity to interact with the community, and get your hand dirty preparing soil, taking care of plants, or even harvesting. If you so choose, a ride on a water buffalo is always an exciting way to live that authentic local farmer life.
Perhaps the most rewarding part of our tour is the rick bounty at local food that can be enjoyed, and each tour is individually tailored to provide a unique extensive for all.
By taking the Hoian Mates tours, you not only experience authentic culture, but also help us out by telling us about your culture as well, and help us to practice our English. Nowhere else will you find such an exciting opportunity that benefits everyone involved. Please don’t hesitate any longer, and come join the Hoian Mates family!
– Morning: 8: 30a.m – 13: 00 p.m
– Afternoon: 2:30 p.m – 6:00 p.m
Visit 3 destinations and do 2 activities.
– ChucThanh Pagoda: to learn about Buddhism and architecture in combination with culture.
– TraQue village: how to prepare soil, grow vegetable and fertilize it.
– To ride buffalo : To learn how to ride buffalo
To eat local food: To enjoy local foods: “ TamHuu”, “ BanhXeo” rice pancake, banana blossom salad, tuna with tomato sauce, Vietnamese rice,..
– Voluntary student guide
(We’re free tour guide and we’re ready to guide you around to practice English and support local community)
– Entrance ticket of TraQue vegetable village: 20,000 VND/person (1 USD)
– Water buffalo riding experience: 30,000 VND/person (1, 5 USD)
– Local community support: 25,000 VND/person (1,5 USD)
– Lunch time:
+ Option 1: Eat at local restaurant: 180,000 VND/person (7, 5 USD)
+ Option 2: Eat local foods in Hoian ancient town
+ Option 3: Prepare and enjoy TRADITIONAL MEAL with local family: 70,000 VND/1pax ( including 3 dishes/meal)
– Bicycle rental: 30,000 VND/person (1.5 USD)
– Travel Insurance